Four Things You Need to Consider When Choosing a Hamster Cage
1. Price: You should first determine the price range that you can afford, and then choose the corresponding best hamster habitat, you can avoid the trouble of searching for her in the huge space, and you can also have an intuitive positioning comparison for small pet crates of the same grade.
2. Space: Relatively speaking, the larger the space of the hamster room, the better, because the wild hamster needs a large space for activities. If you give your hamster a small cage, it will make your small pet feel very bored and have adverse consequences. If you only keep one hamster, the portable hamster carrier on the market can basically meet the requirements, but if you keep a pair of hamsters, the space of the hamster travel carrier is obviously too cramped.
3. Modeling: This factor attaches more importance to viewing, starting from the perspective of people, not from the perspective of hamsters. After all, the cage is placed in the home, and it may still be very notable, so the hamster living space should have a certain ornamental value.
3. Accessories: Not all cages can be equipped with hamsters' dens, food bowls, running wheels, toilets, and drinking fountains, and when the accessories in the cage are not complete, we need to buy them particularly to allow our hamster babies to live more comfortably.
How to Clean Hamster Cages?
1. Do simple cleaning every day, washing dishes, changing the water in the water dispenser, cleaning the bedpan, etc.
You need to do these every day. Do simple cleaning every day and maintain basic hygiene.
Take out the bowl of rat food, clean up the unfinished rat food in time, wash the bowl and dry or wipe it dry, and put the new food into the cage when the hamster is active at night.
2. Pour out the water in the water dispenser, clean it, and pour in clean water.
In particular, the water outlet of the water dispenser is easy to stick to some food residues, which can be cleaned with a small brush.
Remove the cork chips from the nest and put in new ones, and inspect if there is hidden food in the nest.
3. Replace the cork chips in the bedpan, but mix a small number of cork chips or other litter with new cork chips or waste from the litter to maintain flavor. Hamsters will remember the smell and go to the toilet in a fixed place.
4. You’d better clean up regularly and move the hamster safely to another cage or isolation box.
Take out all the things in the cage, wash the cage with water, and carefully check whether there is excrement in the joints and corners of the iron mesh.
You should soak and clean with detergent, dry it and then put it in the sun, and disinfect it with sunlight.
5. Put the bowls, drinking fountains, bedpans, nests, toys, etc. with feed into the detergent, and then dry them for disinfection or drying, but the cages are made of synthetic materials are only suitable for drying.
Return the sterilized vessel to its original position in the cage. Finally, put the hamster back in the cage.
Precautions for Raising Hamsters
Hamsters cannot eat meals and snacks that people eat. These foods are high in salt and will harm their body.
No matter what season, hamsters are not allowed to bask in the sun, they are very afraid of heat.
In summer, pay attention to using heat sinks or marbles to cool off the hamster.
they love eating and sleeping. In general, we recommend that you pay attention to the temperature during the feeding process.
In autumn and winter, hamsters tend to drool and have runny noses.
If this happens to the hamster, you must remember to warm it up first, and then go to observe the situation of the hamster after changing the temperature.
The second is to change the food frequently. Hamsters have a proclivity. They like to hide food very much. This is no good habit.
Not only the food in his rice bowl, he has to change it every day, but also to see if he has it.
There are things hidden elsewhere that shouldn't be hidden. The other factor is the sanitation of the environment. Hamsters eat and urinate a lot.
So their electrical materials very easy to get dirty. At the same time, there is a humid environment and an inexhaustible environment.
It is easy to have a large number of bacteria made by himself, especially in the spring and summer, when there are more mosquitoes in this season, and the temperature is also relatively high, which is easy to breed in large quantities.
Bacteria causes like hamsters, itchy skin, even trauma, and some bacterial infections, colds, and fever, these are all possible.
As long as we keep the above points under control and clean it in a timely manner, there will generally not be any major problems.
First of all, be sure to pay attention to the temperature during the feeding process. The second is to change food frequently.
The third is environmental hygiene. As long as we give him control over the above points and give him timely cleaning, there will generally not be any major problems.